Thursday, November 17, 2005

Erin asks: Can you help me with the tag for my drop down links box. I've been working on it, but it keeps pushing all the other stuff for my sidebar over into the posts section and NOT creating a drop down box.


<h2 class="sidebar-title">Links</h2>

<ul>

<select name="linkmenu" onchange="document.location.href=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;">

<option> Favorite Links </option>

<option value="http://cindylu322.blogspot.com">Cindy's Place</a></option>

<option value="http://moreangisstuff.blogspot.com">Angi's Musings</a></option>

</select>

</ul>


OK, I can't figure out a way to make the html show up as text and not as html... not sure if I can do that... So, on the top of Internet Explorer, go to "View" then "Source" and look at the source code for this post. You should be able to see how I made the drop down box above.

EDITED TO ADD: OK, nevermind.. that didn't work right. The code in the post looks all messed up. I'll send you an email with the code. I'll have to work on figuring out how to put code in my posts.

EDITED A 2ND TIME TO ADD: I got it! Had to use a tricky trick, but I figured out an easy way to make the code show up. I used Dreamweaver to convert it from code to text. Anyway, it works.

EDITED A 3RD TIME TO ADD: Note: The code above will only work as a page redirector in a blogger template, not in a post. I'm not sure why you'd want to make a drop down box in a post, but just letting you know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Erin said I could ask you anything so
what is the problem with my permalinks (think this is the correct terminology).
The html is showing instead of the comments.
I was dying to ask somebody!

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home