Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Amy asks: How do I search a blog for a specific entry? I am trying to find your entry where you talk about the wickpedia. Maybe I am spelling it wrong.

Yes, you have the spelling wrong. That could be part of the problem. It's spelled "wikipedia". Wiki is defined as: "A website or similar online resource which allows users to add and edit content collectively". Wikipedia = Wiki + Encyclopedia. The web address for wikipedia is:
http://www.wikipedia.org/

But that doesn't really answer your question about how to find things on blogs... Most blogs do not have a search function on them, so you have to do it yourself. You can click each month of the archives and do a "find on page" (ctrl+f is the shortcut for that) to see if what you're looking for is in that month of posts. That's what I did to find the post you are referring to on my other blog back in October: http://cindylu322.blogspot.com/2005/10/have-you-tried-out-wikipedia.html

If you want to find some topic on any blog (won't always work if you have particular blog in mind), you can use a blog search engine. I would recommend:

As a side note about wikipedia, I would use caution using it with children as not all topics discussed are appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home